Give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread - Proverbs 30:8

Friday, March 15, 2013

Slow Month ~ Week 2

Another week has come and gone and we've stayed home! With the exception of our two evening commitments, we only left the house once this week to go to the post office and the library.

I went to bed last night feeling discouraged. You see, I thought by now I would feel caught up with everything I had been neglecting, but I must admit I still feel behind. Then I woke up and realized how much calmer I feel. The house is under control and although there are still things on my "to do" list, overall our days have an entirely new rhythm. And that's what I was hoping for.

Consistently we are spending our early morning playing and reading (we've all even been sleeping in a little later). Then we eat breakfast, do morning Bible time and start school. Every day. This is the biggest difference....a daily routine and rhythm that is the same from day to day.

Some of the things we enjoyed doing this week included...

planting spring flowers and cleaning up our gardens


writing letters to all our Compassion kids


a walk to the park


picking flowers


tried several new recipes for dinner


lots and lots of school - we had fallen behind and are catching up


dressing up and playing



lots of violin practice - finished current pieces and began learning new ones!


more blog posts from me


 walks, scooter rides, bike rides and runs



And today we are looking forward to having friends over!

I am so thankful for this opportunity to slow down. I find that I am being renewed and my enthusiasm for homeschooling has returned. It's still hard work, but it's worth it. And my oldest daughter told me earlier this week that she likes school now. That's always nice to hear!

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I love how much progress you are seeing so quickly. It's certainly an adjustment but dang it's worth it! We have gotten in this habit (mainly by force because of my work hours) slowly over the past few months and it has had a huge impact on all of us!

    ReplyDelete