Give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread - Proverbs 30:8

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

the Midwest


taking a moment to find joy in the little things


We just returned from a 10 day trip to the midwest, where I was born and raised. One of my favorite things was seeing monarchs since I haven't seen them here in the PNW. I didn't get a photo of any, but saw many and enjoyed watching them flutter about.

{pretty}
flowers from a friend's garden







different kind of landscape


dragonflies and butterflies




a Michigan sunset


Little Sable Lighthouse on Lake Michigan




a lavender farm



sand dunes






{happy}
My trips to the midwest are all about reconnecting with family and friends, and usually that's done hand in hand with fun activities. We saw parents and grandparents, best friends, cousins and family friends. We ate corn (oh my goodness....), gave violin concerts, swam, celebrated birthdays, drank wine, went to a zoo, walked sand dunes, rode dune buggies, golf carts, boats, kayaks, bumper cars and zip lines, ate s'mores and more!

with my Grandma who recently turned 99









{funny}
saw this guy at the zoo


{real}
We are back and it's August already! Although we won't start back to school until mid-September, it's time for me to start planning our 2014-2015 school year. I have books to order and decisions to make. 


14 comments:

  1. WOW! Your trip looks like so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! Your grandma is absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to go to the Midwest, drive go carts and visit with your grandma!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your photos never cease to AMAZE me! I'm glad you got to visit "home" but glad you are safely back, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was 10 days of Heaven for this Grandma!!! I love my girls so much!!! What a Blessing it was!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow what amazing photos. It is always good to go back to a place you know and feel at home with things you see. It looks like you had an amazing time with family and nature. Those dragon fly pictures certainly catch my eye. Haha, that fellow at the end is from my neck of the woods, a strange bird that I used to love seeing in wide open spaces. (You can find some wild ones here http://gritandgiggles.blogspot.com.au/2012/10/mia-again-sorry.html )

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm pretty partial to the Midwest myself (coming from Middle Missouri). I believe the landscape here is very hard to beat…except for the seaside! Love all your shots and hope you had a wonderful time reconnecting with family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you had a lovely time! You captured such amazing beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is chock full of fun and wonderful times of fellowship! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The floral shots and dragonflies would make an amazing set of notecards. Your photography is so vivid.~May

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all the photos but the ones with your Grandma are especially beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it here in the Midwest! Beautiful pictures, you were blessed with beautiful weather. And we have especially fantastic corn this year :). Glad you had a great trip.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the flowers, dragonflies, and butterflies. And wow! Your grandmother is 99! That's amazing!

    ReplyDelete