Give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread - Proverbs 30:8

Sunday, October 12, 2014

Monday Manifesto ~ No Emergencies


This is the third installment in this series. A couple years ago I ran across a list called "a parenting manifesto of joy" on Ann Voskamp's site. It's a beautiful list of essentials when it comes to parenting, and as a homeschooling mom, I desperately need to inhale and exhale and absorb this list. Each Monday, I'll be sharing each idea individually in an attempt to get myself to focus more intently on that idea during the week.



Today, I will not have any emergencies.
There are no emergencies!
Only amateurs hurry.


Life is not an emergency. 
I will eliminate the word "hurry" from my vocabulary.

I've tried really hard the past couple of years to build time into our days. To take the time we need to get ready so we don't have to rush. Being in a hurry only produces stress, and I'd much rather my children remember a peaceful and slow childhood.

I think that if we are inviting our children into set times for prayer and seeking to transform everything into beauty, we will naturally find a slower, less hectic pace to live out our days. 

3 comments:

  1. I love this series based on Ann's manifesto.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this idea. I sometimes have to rush my students, I need to work on that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Seeking to transform everything into beauty."

    Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete