Give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread - Proverbs 30:8

Thursday, March 19, 2015

The Oregon Coast


taking a moment to find joy in the little things

{pretty}
After a very rainy weekend, we had sunshine and warmer weather on Monday. Thankfully, my husband had the day off and we took advantage of it to spend a day at the Oregon Coast. We visited several different spots and had a lovely time exploring and playing.  It's so nice to be there on a weekday when most of the crowds are gone. 

These first few shots are from my front yard. I've been trying to get out and practice using the manual settings on my camera more. It's just so easy to put it on auto and snap away. But I need to learn how to shoot in manual mode.










{happy}





{funny}
One of the beaches we went to had a short walk through an old growth forest and this guy greeted us on the path. You can't really tell from the picture, but all the stuff growing out of the top of the log made him look like he had hair. 

10 comments:

  1. These are amazing. I really need to move somewhere more inspiring. I always enjoy seeing the creation you have found.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, what beautiful pictures !!! We live in the Portland area and have fallen in love with the coast too. In fact I've been trying to carve out time to play hookie and escape there. This is our second spring here in Oregon and it still amazes, this Indiana girl, how soon the beautiful flowers and trees bloom here. The pictures of your yard are amazing !! Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim, what beautiful pictures !!! We live in the Portland area and have fallen in love with the coast too. In fact I've been trying to carve out time to play hookie and escape there. This is our second spring here in Oregon and it still amazes, this Indiana girl, how soon the beautiful flowers and trees bloom here. The pictures of your yard are amazing !! Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was raised in Oregon- you captured the coast perfectly (I miss it so much)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your photos are always so lovely.
    Thanks for sharing at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2015/03/visiting-saint-kitts.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Cannon Beach and Hug Point. Cute face on that old log! Looks like your family had a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your garden. I've been trying to use manual settings,too. You're doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That starfish shot... wowza... of course, as usual, I am totally jealous of all these photos. So, we are planning a trip next year, a big trip... which just might include Oregon. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the coast too. I live nearby (about an hour) and we often will go to Lincoln City for dinner, walk on the beach a little while then go home. (in the summer) I would move there if I could find a nice condo.

    ReplyDelete